Winning the Battle for Attention with Ryan Hanley
How often do you find yourself competing for attention online?
If you’re a writer, artist, entrepreneur, or blogger, chances are a lot.
It comes with the territory.
There are millions of websites and our audiences’ time and attention are limited.
So the question is: how do you distinguish yourself from the crowd and earn that well deserved attention for your high quality content?
Enter: Ryan Hanley.
Ryan is the creator of ContentWarfare.com, the host of the Content Warfare Google Hangout / Live Podcast, and the founder of Hanley Media Labs.
Ryan is THE leading authority on winning the war for attention online by building your brand the right way (and a person whose advice I implicitly trust – something I say about very few people).
The best part: Ryan isn’t keeping his genius to himself.
Instead, he’s taking all the knowledge and experience he’s gained over the years from building brands online and putting it into a book he’s launching through a new book crowdfunding platform called Publishizer:
In today’s podcast, we sit down and discuss Ryan’s background and how he transitioned from corporate America to online entrepreneurship; how he became a leading authority in building brands online; and his unique journey to published author.
p.s. Ryan is crowdfunding his book right now and he needs your support. If you enjoy the interview and would like to improve your chances of success online, contribute to Ryan’s crowdfunding campaign. Not only will you get a great book (and a bunch of other bonuses depending on what level you contribute at), but you’ll be supporting an entrepreneur and author who definitely deserves it.
What Ryan Hanley and I talk about:
- Ryan’s transition from accounting to online entrepreneur, Podcaster, and brand building authority
- What Content Warfare is all about….
- How to distinguish yourself from the crowd
- The three ingredients for successfully capturing a segment of any market (hint: it has to do with Audience, Story, Experience)
- The three components of Experience:
- Customer Service: Good or Bad
- Price: Low or High
- Delivery: Fast or Slow
- Which components of experience matter and which don’t (you might be surprised by this)
- How to tell your story so that you attract the right customers
- Which is the best social media platform and why (and how to implement it for your own success)
- Why Ryan went the crowdfunding path for his book and how crowdfunding is changing the landscape of publishing for the better
Wise Words from Ryan Hanley:
“Attention without trust has little value” [share]
“Where once we as brands and marketers chose our audience, today our audience chooses us” [share]
Where You can Find Ryan Hanley Online:
* * *
If you enjoyed today’s podcast, leave a review on iTunes here. And let us know what you think in the comments below!