This is the 3rd episode of “In the Trenches: The Resistance Broadcast Interview Series” and today I had the honor of interviewing Jeff Goins.
Jeff is a successful blogger, published author, and a self declared writer.
Jeff Started his blog in 2010. In less than 2 years time he grew his readership to an impressive 100,000 people a month.
Jeff has been featured in RELAVANT magazine, Problogger, Copyblogger, Zenhabits.net, and many other publications.
You can find his most recent book Wrecked: When a Broken World Slams into your Comfortable Life online and in bookstores around the world.
This interview is a MUST listen. Jeff gives so much great information and has such an amazing perspective on writing, publishing, business and life in general.
If you’re a writer (or anything you do involves writing of any sort) you NEED to listen – I promise you won’t be disappointed.
In this interview, we cover:
- Why calling yourself a writer is essential for your success as an author/writer/artist
- Why trust and permission are ESSENTIAL for the success of every single artist, writer, blogger, entrepreneur, designer, inventor and leader
- What it takes to become a great writer
- The truth about publishing (it’s not easy)
- How to grow a blog to over 100,000 readers a month in one year
- Why you don’t have to compromise your art (water it down or make it mass-marketable) to make money from your art
- The ridiculous amount of commitment and grit necessary to create a successful blog
- Why most people waste time trying to create a successful blog instead of doing this one simple (but tough) thing.
- Why you need to create your best work – and how it impacts your success
- How blogging requires more than just the ability to write (you need to be able to do it all: create, edit, publish, etc.)
- Why trying to hold onto a certain quality of life will make you lose out on your best possible life
- What Taylor Swift can teach us about pacing our content and art
- Why you need to stop hiding and starting shipping!
You can read more about Jeff Goins at GoinsWriter.com.
I highly suggest you subscribe to his newsletter – it’s really great content.
If you liked this interview, share it with everyone you know and reach out to Jeff and thank him!
p.s. leave a comment below and let us know what you’re struggling with or where you’re having success (writing, business, blog or life related – anything goes).
Learn how to build a profitable + ethical online business
Since 2014, I've made a full-time income by creating and selling digital products online. If you want to see how I did it, sign up below.