Subscribe in iTunes | Download
The Business of Giving
That's how today's guest, Adrian Hoppel, a Philadelphia-based web designer, does "business."
Instead, he simply gives his work away - as a gift - and expects nothing in return.
Yet instead of being taken advantage of, Adrian's business has flourished.
Last year, he worked on 25 projects and ended up getting paid more per project than he would have had he used fixed pricing.
And less than half way through this year, Adrian's already more than tripled his total projects from last year (in fact, he's had to hire multiple employees...and get this: they ALL work in the gift economy).
And the requests for his gift-based work continue to flow in.
In today's broadcast, we talk all about the Gift Economy, Pay What You Want pricing, how to build and manage a team in the gift economy, and even touch on Adrian's military background and how it's helped him in his new efforts.
Seriously, this is one of the most fun interviews I've done and Adrian's story is incredible.
You need to listen for your own good 🙂
What Adrian Hoppel and I talk About:
- Why Adrian left corporate work to pursue his dream of living and working in the gift
- All about the Gift Economy (and what that means from a practical standpoint)
- How a little book called Sacred Economics changed Adrian's life
- How Adrian has tripled his business in just a few months and how he's managing it all
- What it takes to create a gift-based business where no money or exchange is expected (you're going to be blown away by this, I promise)
- How Adrian leads a team of employees using gift-economy principles
- How Adrian once argued with a client for being TOO generous in return for his work (and why he's stopped doing that...good choice!)
- The specific process Adrian goes through to live and work in the Gift Economy
Wise Words from Adrian Hoppel:
There is no road map for working in the gift economy. [SHARE!]
Everything I need happens when I need it. [share this]
Where You can Find Adrian Hoppel Online:
* * *
If you enjoyed today's podcast, leave a review on iTunes here. And let us know what you think in the comments below!
Leave a Reply