From Passion Project to Business
Antonio Diaz is the founder of Life & Thyme, a digital publication and production studio devoted to bringing a community together around food.
Antonio and his team bring culinary fanatics the stories behind the food and restaurants they enjoy.
In the past two years, Life & Thyme has grown – and evolved – rapidly.
What started as a local project, featuring LA restaurants and chefs, eventually turned into a global movement, featuring the artists behind food from all over the world.
In today’s broadcast, I talk with Antonio Diaz about what it’s like starting with a passion-based project, how he was able to launch a magazine out of a collection of Instagram photos, and how it all evolved into a full on film production studio.
What Antonio Diaz and I Talk About:
- Antonio’s background in digital publishing and the birth of Life and Thyme
- Why you should start simple and worry about the core idea first (not monetization, which comes later)
- How a passion project Life of Thyme, ended up starting a profitable video production studio
- The Power of a community and how to build one yourself
- Why meeting offline is so important to building a passionate group of supporters
- How to find people to work with /collaborate with and why it’s impossible to do everything yourself
Wise Words from Antonio Diaz:
Building a community is what matters, not product, or website. A Strong communitycan move mountains.
If you think too hard, you over think and cause more stress. Live in the moment. Some things work out, others don’t. Lighten up. Have a good time.
Where You Can Find Antonio Diaz Online:
* * *
If you enjoyed today’s podcast, please leave a review on iTunes here. Thanks so much in advance for your support.