In this episode, I discuss e-commerce cooperatives with Barth Getto, Owner of Empowery. Barth has an extensive background in marketing, and decided to put his skillset to use helping small businesses via Empowery. Empowery is a member-owned e-commerce cooperative that is focused on giving cooperative members a broad range of insight into the e-commerce industry, daily support, and key data that helps make pivotal e-commerce decisions. When you are a part of a cooperative, you have the knowledge of the cooperative at your fingertips.
Barth gives us an in-depth look at cooperatives with a focus on his e-commerce cooperative. Barth highlights why being a part of a cooperative is a powerful tool especially when you are developing your own e-commerce business.
In this broadcast, Barth and I talk about:
- How cooperatives play a specific role in a segmented market
- Why Barth chose a cooperative model in this company
- How Barth´s company helps people selling products online
- How can you join Barth's network
- Why being in a cooperative provides you with key data that you can leverage
- How the cooperative solves members day to day problems
- In what scenario you would be a good fit for the cooperative
- How the cooperative supports its members
- Why the cooperative is a non-profit
- How you can join the cooperative and the costs to join
- How Barth drives growth in the cooperative
- What makes starting a cooperative difficult
- Why entry costs are barring competition from entering this unique space
How to Connect with Barth:
- You can connect with Barth via email at [email protected]
Get the Latest Broadcasts of In The Trenches
How You Can Support In The Trenches
Did you enjoy today's broadcast of In The Trenches? Please click here to leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Your review helps me spread the word of this podcast, which allows me to line up amazing guests and continue to produce this podcast ad-free. Thanks so much in advance for your support.