Caspar Craven is a conference and corporate event speaker, adventurer who sailed around the world with his wife and three children, and the bestselling author of Where the Magic Happens.
In today’s episode, Caspar and I talk about his experience sailing around the world with his wife and three children, who are all under the age of 10, and how he was able to manage his family and his business at the same time. We discuss what he learned about entrepreneurship, productivity, success and overall happiness in general.
My big takeaway from today’s conversation is that everyone should have a goal and an aim for their family. It should be designed, developed, and created collaboratively – getting every family member into the mix (who can, age permitting). It’s also something that can be updated, tweaked, or improved as you go. And it’s certainly something you should revisit from time to time, because the purpose is to pull your family into the future so that you are all collectively inspired by the same shared vision and goal.
Highly recommend taking notes on this one. Enjoy!
In this broadcast, Caspar and I talk about:
- What it was like to sail around the world with his family in tow
- How Caspar was able to manage his expenses while traveling
- How his travels led to developing new business ventures
- What were the challenges surrounding time spent working on his businesses versus time he was able to spend with family
- How to create a strong narrative at home to positively impact your business
- What is a family story and why is it important
- The importance of clarity and excitement in a family story
- How critical it is to carry out your vision and your family story
- Why focusing on your values is a core way to engage teamwork
- Ways to establish a timeline that fits in with your goals and your current situation
- Why you need joint engagement regarding the creation of a family story
- What are rituals and how do they shape your lifestyle
How to Connect with Caspar:
Get the Latest Broadcasts of In The Trenches on Your Favorite Podcast Platform:
How You Can Support In The Trenches
Did you enjoy today’s broadcast of In The Trenches? Please click here to leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Your review helps me spread the word of this podcast, which allows me to line up amazing guests and continue to produce this podcast ad-free. Thanks so much in advance for your support.