Daniel Scrivner is the CEO of Flow, project management software that brings together your tasks, projects, timelines, and conversations, and integrates with your favorite tools, to help you achieve more. Previously, Daniel was the Head of Design at Digit and Square. He's worked for some of the most respected brands in the world including Apple, Nike, Disney, and Target.
In today’s broadcast, Daniel and I discuss how someone who worked at Apple and Square was able to take his accrued knowledge into different spaces, including leadership and C level roles. We dive into many topics ranging from design to creative thinking in general.
In this broadcast, Daniel and I talk about:
- The thing that sparked Daniel’s love for design
- Daniel’s take on the idea of a “silver bullet” to success
- Why you need to put in reps to establish soft skills of business and design
- The importance of “wide-open exploration” when starting a project
- How Daniel navigated unexpected career paths and the fear of failure
- The simple reason you've got to get comfortable being uncomfortable
- How Daniel uses insights he gained from working at Apple and Square and applies them to his role as CEO of Flow
- The importance of separating user feedback from the creative process (and why a lot of companies get it wrong by overemphasizing user feedback)
- [email protected]
- Danile's personal blog
- Get 25% off your first year with Flow – on any plan (monthly or annual). Sign up for free at https://www.getflow.com/signup and use promo code INTHETRENCHES to get 25% off.
Get the Latest Broadcasts of In The Trenches on Your Favorite Podcast Platform:
How You Can Support In The Trenches
Did you enjoy today's broadcast of In The Trenches? Please click here to leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Your review helps me spread the word of this podcast, which allows me to line up amazing guests and continue to produce this podcast ad-free. Thanks so much in advance for your support.
Podcast audio editing and show note production by Nives Kurjak. Click here to get 10% off your podcast production for life.