Marcia Reynolds is the author of The Discomfort Zone: How Leaders Turn Difficult Conversations Into Breakthroughs and, in this episode, we do a deep dive into exactly how to have these kinds of conversations and why this is so important to master if you’re a leader or coach.
In this broadcast, Marcia Reynolds and I talk about:
- Way Marcia feels her book is so important for the leadership and coaching industries
- The most common examples of difficult conversations an employer might have
- Three strategies for creating psychological safety in a difficult conversation
- The importance of setting intentions before having a difficult conversation
- Why you need to believe in the potential of the person you’re speaking with
- What to do if you don’t believe in the potential of the person you’re speaking with
- Are there certain words or emotions that create a physiological result in the body?
- Why having an attitude of curiosity can sometimes be the best approach
And so much more.
How to connect with Marcia Reynolds online:
- Marcia Reynolds’ Website
- The Discomfort Zone: How Leaders Turn Difficult Conversations Into Breakthroughs
- Marcia Reynolds on Facebook
Great quote from Marcia Reynolds:
“You have to look at your beliefs and assumptions. You can’t go in believing the worst.” – @MarciaReynolds
If you enjoyed today’s podcast, please leave a review on iTunes here. Thanks so much in advance for your support.