On today’s episode, I am having a conversation with Jason Resnick who is a web developer, host of the podcast, Live in the Feast and creator of the online community for freelancers, Feast. Inside Feast and through his blog and podcast, Jason helps freelancers discover their niche, plan out and market themselves, build recurring revenue and stay in the feast. Jason helps his clients reach their goals, connect with their why and live the life that they’ve always wanted to live.
My big takeaway from this episode is something that’s a recurring theme with the entrepreneurs,authors and creators – you need to niche down at the very least to get any sort of traction from your marketing. The reason is simple. There’s just so much competition out there now that to be generic is kind of a death knell but a great resume and track record can help. If you’re showcasing your work and knowledge online via blogs or podcasts, that can all help, but unless you can target a specific subset of the market, your marketing dollars and bandwidth will vanish before you get any real traction. To stand out, you need to speak directly to your target market. Without further ado, let’s get to today’s interview.
In this broadcast, Jason and I talk about:
- How did Jason enter the world of freelancing
- What sparked Jason’s passion for helping other freelancers
- In what ways has the nature of freelancing changed over the years
- The importance of learning basic marketing and sales skills at a young age
- How to build a platform and establish yourself as a freelancer
- Why a freelancer should measure value VS price
- Why a freelancer should focus on smaller, less time consuming projects
- The importance of specializing in a service and finding a niche
- How can a new freelancer discover a niche and build a track record
- In what ways can an established freelancer focus on a specific type of client
- How can a third party can help a freelancer discover their ideal client and niche
How to Connect with Jason:
Get the Latest Broadcasts of In The Trenches on Your Favorite Podcast Platform:
How You Can Support In The Trenches
Did you enjoy today’s broadcast of In The Trenches? Please click here to leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Your review helps me spread the word of this podcast, which allows me to line up amazing guests and continue to produce this podcast ad-free. Thanks so much in advance for your support.