Joshua Zloof is the CEO of Sudden Coffee, a premium instant coffee brand. He has 10 years of combined experience in Mobile App Product Management, Lean Operations, Supply Chain, and Logistics.
I brought Joshua onto In The Trenches to discuss his startup journey and what it was really like for him to develop his idea and actually launch it. To many, Joshua’s idea of founding a premium instant coffee company might sound bizarre, because we equate “instant coffee” with “cheap”. However, during today’s episode you will learn that the two are not mutually exclusive. I think what Joshua has done to build his business with various marketing techniques and experiments is really quite fascinating, and so my biggest takeaway is just that… It’s okay to do something different and to go against what everyone else is doing because it might just pay off – in real life and online.
In this broadcast, Joshua and I talk about:
- How Joshua founded his coffee brand and his journey as an entrepreneur
- What is the difference between Sudden Coffee versus other instant coffee brands that are currently on the market
- Who does Sudden Coffee target with their brand messaging and marketing
- How to increase sales during the beginning stages of your business
- How to turn your business plan into a subscription-based business plan
- What are some things Joshua thought was working but failed in his business
- When is using influencers in your marketing strategy a good idea
- What are a few strategies to use for Facebook marketing
- How to prioritize spending money during the startup phase
- What are the critical roles to begin hiring in order to gain traction
- The pros and cons of a venture-backed startup
- What is the plan for the future and expansion of a brand
- How to start and develop your idea for a product or business (what’s the most important factor that contributes to a successful launch of a product)
- Is there more space for potential growth online
How to Connect with Joshua:
Get the Latest Broadcasts of In The Trenches
How You Can Support In The Trenches
Did you enjoy today’s broadcast of In The Trenches? Please click here to leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Your review helps me spread the word of this podcast, which allows me to line up amazing guests and continue to produce this podcast ad-free. Thanks so much in advance for your support.