Kyle Gray and I first met on a random island in Thailand several years ago and I’m thrilled to have him on the show today to talk about content marketing and, more specifically, how to develop a killer content marketing strategy.
Kyle has so much experience and knowledge about this subject that he’ll soon be releasing his own book; The Story Engine. I was incredibly honored to write the forward for the book and can speak from my personal experience when I say it will change the way you look at your own content marketing efforts.
In this broadcast, Kyle Gray and I talk about:
- How Kyle got started with content marketing
- Understanding the true purpose of content marketing
- How to develop a content marketing strategy
- The importance of having a mission for your content
- Should you include personal stories in your content?
- Why targeting core problems is crucial in content marketing
- Is it possible to niche down too much or go too broad with your content?
- How to utilize your customers when making decisions about your content
- Why creating a style guide is critical
How to connect with Kyle Gray Online:
Click to Tweet:
“You shouldn’t just see content marketing, or a blog post that you create, as a landing page.” – @kylethegray
If you enjoyed today’s podcast, please leave a review on iTunes here. Thanks so much in advance for your support.