Nathan Chan is the founder and CEO of Foundr digital magazine. Wanting to personally discover the answers to all his questions about the daily struggles of starting a successful business, Nathan began to interview world-changing entrepreneurs in the hope that he could learn from them. He started Foundr while working a full time job, but the rapid success of the digital magazine led Nathan to quit his day job and double down on Foundr.
In this broadcast, Nathan Chan and I talk about:
- His background before beginning the magazine.
- Why he choose to create a digital magazine.
- The 3 ways he knew it was time to give up his ‘day joy’ to work on the magazine full time.
- How he was able to ‘find his feet’ after transitioning from part time to full time in the magazine.
- How he realized the importance of building the Foundr brand.
- The Goal Pyramid process to decide what to focus on at any given time.
- How Nathan built the Foundr team and his insight in hiring people that are a good fit.
- His advice for those who want to be successful in publishing.
- How Foundr has been able to secure so many top name interviews.
How to find Nathan Chan online:
If you enjoyed today’s podcast, please leave a review on iTunes here. Thanks so much in advance for your support.