Philip Morgan is the founder of Philip Morgan Consulting which helps firms generate and close more leads. They focus on education based content marketing and marketing automation as well as helping their clients with positioning their company in a way that helps them grow market share.
In this broadcast, Philip Morgan and I talk about:
- Philip’s background in technology and how he started his own business
- The mistakes he says he made in transitioning from an employee to business owner, including:
- Not building a strong professional network
- Not marketing the business well (and relying on people coming to him)
- His advice for building your network, such as:
- Thinking about how other people will remember you
- Finding communities where people gather and providing them with value
- The misconception that some people are just ‘lucky’ to have good connections
- Using the Internet Archive Way Back Machine found at archive.org/web to learn about how different web sites have grown and changed over time
- How positioning your company well can help you increase the number of quality leads for your business
- Why it is that marketing works better when you have a strong, narrow focus
- Why the first step of being focused is to decide what to stop doing and why that focus will help people perceive you as an expert
- How having a narrow focus will help you gain experience faster by understanding what creates value for your specific customer base
- Why value ought to be the foundation for determining your prices
- Philip’s experience using online channels to get more clients.
- Some of the pitfalls of using content marketing alone to drive traffic to your site
- The benefits of building trust with your leads through teaching
How to find Philip Morgan online:
Other Resources Mentioned:
- If you are interested in learning more about positioning Philip recommends you start at PositioningCrashCourse.com
If you enjoyed today’s podcast, please leave a review on iTunes here. Thanks so much in advance for your support.