Winning the Battle for Attention with Ryan Hanley
How often do you find yourself competing for attention online?
If you're a writer, artist, entrepreneur, or blogger, chances are a lot.
It comes with the territory.
There are millions of websites and our audiences' time and attention are limited.
So the question is: how do you distinguish yourself from the crowd and earn that well deserved attention for your high quality content?
Enter: Ryan Hanley.
Ryan is the creator of ContentWarfare.com, the host of the Content Warfare Google Hangout / Live Podcast, and the founder of Hanley Media Labs.
Ryan is THE leading authority on winning the war for attention online by building your brand the right way (and a person whose advice I implicitly trust - something I say about very few people).
The best part: Ryan isn't keeping his genius to himself.
Instead, he's taking all the knowledge and experience he's gained over the years from building brands online and putting it into a book he's launching through a new book crowdfunding platform called Publishizer:
In today's podcast, we sit down and discuss Ryan's background and how he transitioned from corporate America to online entrepreneurship; how he became a leading authority in building brands online; and his unique journey to published author.
What Ryan Hanley and I talk about:
- Ryan's transition from accounting to online entrepreneur, Podcaster, and brand building authority
- What Content Warfare is all about....
- How to distinguish yourself from the crowd
- The three ingredients for successfully capturing a segment of any market (hint: it has to do with Audience, Story, Experience)
- The three components of Experience:
- Customer Service: Good or Bad
- Price: Low or High
- Delivery: Fast or Slow
- Which components of experience matter and which don't (you might be surprised by this)
- How to tell your story so that you attract the right customers
- Which is the best social media platform and why (and how to implement it for your own success)
- Why Ryan went the crowdfunding path for his book and how crowdfunding is changing the landscape of publishing for the better
Wise Words from Ryan Hanley:
Attention without trust has little value. [share]
Where once we as brands and marketers chose our audience, today our audience chooses us. [share]
Where You can Find Ryan Hanley Online:
* * *
If you enjoyed today's podcast, leave a review on iTunes here. And let us know what you think in the comments below!