Sean McCabe a Hand Lettering Artist & Type Designer based in San Antonio, TX, the founder of seanwes.com and the creator of Learn Lettering 2.0. Sean also hosts a podcast for creative entrepreneurs at https://seanwes.com/podcast/.
In the past the past 10 years, Sean has used his business experience to grow and sell a computer repair business, run a profitable web design firm, and build and launch a phenomenally successful series of courses on hand lettering that have grossed six figures within 3 days of launching.
What Sean McCabe and I talk about in this broadcast:
- How Sean moved from playing in a band to start his first company
- How Sean pivoted his company from computer repair to web design to hand lettering
- How Sean learned to strategically approach the growth and expansion of his business
- How Sean leveraged both physical and digital products, including creating a successful course
- Why Sean waited 2 years to build his first product
- The pros and cons of physical products
- The 80/20 approach to balance marketing and creation with Sean's 6-figure course launch
- How Sean used the advice to create a tiered packaging system
- The strategy Sean used to create the second version of his course (learnlettering.com)
- How Sean learned to hire employee
- How to know what only you can do
Sean McCabe on how to create a loyal fan-base:
"Create an experience more than sell a product"
Sean McCabe on why less is sometimes more:
"To get from 90 to 100% in quality takes 10x the time...and only 1% of people will notice"
Find Sean McCabe online:
Other resources mentioned in the broadcast:
If you enjoyed today's podcast, please leave a review on iTunes here. Thanks so much in advance for your support.