Steve Chou is the founder of My Wife Quit Her Job. When Steve’s wife became pregnant with their first child, she decided to quit her job to stay at home with the kids. But instead of cutting back on their lifestyle, they started an online store and made over $100K in only 12 months to replace her salary.
On today’s episode, Steve and I talk about that website, how he founded it, and how they were able to replace her income with a side hustle project within about one to two years of starting their business. Steve created a foundation in niche businesses, through traffic, lead generation, marketing and sales for his physical and digital products.
My big takeaway from today’s episode was that great results can occur by working with a chatbot through Facebook messenger. I can’t wait for you to hear Steve’s statistics to share about his experience with that feature!
In this broadcast, Steve and I talk about:
- How did Steve enter the blogging space
- What factors attributed to the significant increases in growth for My Wife Quit Her Job
- How effective are affiliate offers for growth
- Why you should use a product or be familiar with a product before adding an affiliate to a post
- How did Steve’s e-commerce conference turn into a Shark Tank-style event
- What is working and what is not working for generating sales and traffic online
- The importance of using push notifications and chatbots
- How to lead potential customers to opt in for your chatbot
- What is on the horizon for Steve’s e-commerce and blogging spaces
- The importance of balancing business life and family life
How to Connect with Steve:
Get the Latest Broadcasts of In The Trenches on Your Favorite Podcast Platform:
How You Can Support In The Trenches
Did you enjoy today's broadcast of In The Trenches? Please click here to leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Your review helps me spread the word of this podcast, which allows me to line up amazing guests and continue to produce this podcast ad-free. Thanks so much in advance for your support.