Taylor Lou Dixon helps women create amazing businesses/passion projects/and side hustles as an integral part of their higher purpose. Prior to coaching, Taylor managed to create a profitable and growing social media agency. She worked with clients like Chick-Fil-A and other big-name restaurant chains; however, she learned it was important to her to facilitate a true inner joy and confidence for women who are deciding to take those first steps towards creating their own dream life.
Taylor is a lifestyle design coach for millennial women. She helps these women design lifestyles that they love and really enjoy. I brought Taylor onto the podcast today to talk about how she approaches branding her own business and how she approaches her target market. I’m excited to explore how she approaches these two things because I think when it comes to branding and target audiences, most business owners need help in figuring out what content actually resonates and converts. My big takeaway from today’s conversation is that it’s so important to share authentic stories that will help people and allow them to trust you enough to buy from you.
In this broadcast, Taylor and I talk about:
- What is Taylor’s origin story and how did she start her brand
- When Taylor started her business she felt multi-passionate
- How did Taylor feel very disconnected from her social media agency
- Why did Taylor need to do a self-exploration to truly know what she wanted to be doing with her life
- How to decide what content to include in your branding
- Why you do not need to feel generic by sharing your mission statement in your content
- How building a community around your content can make you more unique
- In what ways is the influencer movement moving towards storytelling and vulnerability
- Why you need to be able to mix the business and the lifestyle because it’s all one in the same
- How you can show up intentionally in your brand
- What you need to do to create a brand voice persona
- Why personal development is an important piece of Taylor’s process
- Does sharing your personal life in your content vary on the niche
- What does Taylor recommend you share and not share in your messaging
- Why does the subconscious mind understand metaphors easier
How to Connect with Taylor:
Get the Latest Broadcasts of In The Trenches
How You Can Support In The Trenches
Did you enjoy today’s broadcast of In The Trenches? Please click here to leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Your review helps me spread the word of this podcast, which allows me to line up amazing guests and continue to produce this podcast ad-free. Thanks so much in advance for your support.