David Burkus is a best-selling author, sought after speaker and associate professor of leadership and innovation at Oral Roberts University. David’s innovative views on leadership have earned him invitations to speak to leaders from a variety of organizations. His TED talk has been viewed over 1.9 million times, and he is a regular contributor to Harvard Business Review.
I brought David on In The Trenches to discuss his latest book, Friend of a Friend, which offers readers a new perspective on how to grow your network and build key connections, based on the science of human behavior. The book offers a strategic way to approach this idea of relationship building in the context of business.
In this broadcast, David and I talk about:
- What inspired "Friend of a Friend"
- Why your network matters (inter-personally and financially)
- How to connect with and keep in touch with people, even if you're introvert
- Why you should be doing everything in your power to build relationships
- The importance of being authentic
- The most profitable way to build your business through networking
- What makes a strong tie and a weak tie
- How to become a ''super connector''
- And much more
How to Connect with David:
Get the Latest Broadcasts of In The Trenches
Subscribe to In The Trenches on iTunes
How You Can Support In The Trenches
Did you enjoy today's broadcast of In The Trenches? Please click here to leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Your review helps me spread the word of this podcast, which allows me to line up amazing guests and continue to produce this podcast ad-free. Thanks so much in advance for your support.
Leave a Reply