Geoff Woods is the founder and host of The Mentee Podcast. His weekly podcast provides a platform to deliver valuable information and profound wisdom for those looking to make the transition from employee to entrepreneur. On his podcast, Geoff shares what he has learned from his mentors and uses it to help others who are looking to do the same. In today’s broadcast, Geoff delves into the way you can quickly find high level mentors for yourself, as well as how he personally has connected with dozens of business leaders in a very short period of time.
What Geoff Woods and I talk about in this broadcast:
- Why he decided to launch his podcast
- The road that led him to where he is now and where he hopes to do in the future
- Hear him tell us about the event in 2013 the changed his way of thinking
- His reaction to his income being immediately cut by 40%
- Why amazing friends only are not enough
- How to build an army of mentors for yourself to help you get where you want to go
- The importance in having conversations with those smarter than yourself
- What you need to do in order to begin to meet great people
- Why you first must get clarity on the one thing you need the most help with (in 2 sentences or less)
- How to envision the ideal mentor for yourself
- Why you must leverage your relationships correctly in order to find mentors
- The method to practice in order to subconsciously meet and introduce yourself to future mentors
- What he did to be in the same room with big name mentors and how he introduced himself to them.
- Why you have to be genuine when introducing yourself to others
- The importance of being vulnerable and honest
- How to make an impact on someone in 15 seconds when meeting them to garner their help
- The way to get over approach anxiety when meeting people by showing up to add value to them
- How you should execute follow up steps and foster a great relationship with a possible mentor after meeting them.
Geoff on meeting big name mentors for the first time:
“You have to be more interested than interesting”
Geoff how to think when you are meeting people:
“Change the way you look at things so the things you look at will change”
Geoff on why you can add value to anyone immediately:
“You have a skill set that is someone else’s weakness”
Find Geoff Woods online:
Other resources mentioned:
If you enjoyed today’s podcast, please leave a review on iTunes here. Thanks so much in advance for your support.