Jack Born is the CEO and founder of DeadlineFunnel.com. Deadline Funnel is automation software that lets you add urgency to your marketing funnel so you can sell more in less time. In today's call, we talk a about Jack's origin story (how he got into software in the first place as a non-technical founder) and how Deadline Funnel software works. However, the majority of our conversation is focused around this idea of adding urgency to your marketing funnel, and how you can do so in an ethical and honest way.
I've written a lot about urgency and scarcity on this blog and via my newsletter, often in the context of launches. I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that you need to leverage these psychological principles if you want get the most out of your launch or any marketing campaign you run. However, one of the questions that always comes up is how can we introduce things like urgency and scarcity, especially when dealing with digital products or productizes services that are not, by their nature, limited. So this gets into the realm of business ethics. How can you and I use urgency and scarcity in an authentic and transparent way, and still reap the big rewards?
Well, in today's conversation we get into that and much more.
In this broadcast, Jack Born and I talk about:
- How Jack got his start in software
- How Jack made $20,000 in one week using the elements of urgency and scarcity in his launch
- Why email marketing works, and specific techniques to get a lot more out of your email list than you're getting right now
- Why deadlines are critical if you want people to buy now, and not later (and how to implement deadlines in the most effective way possible)
- How to create urgency outside of the last day of your launch or open cart sequence
- How to structure a sales funnel to get the most out of any launch or campaign you intend to run
- How to ethically deploy urgency and scarcity, even when offering digital products
And much more.
How to connect with Jack Born online:
Insights from Jack Born:
“It is your obligation to move as many people as possible from the prospect category to the 'I love your stuff; you've changed my life' category.” - Jack Born
Get the Latest Broadcasts of In The Trenches
Subscribe to In The Trenches on iTunes
How You Can Support In The Trenches
Did you enjoy today's broadcast of In The Trenches? Please click here to leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Your review helps me spread the word of this podcast, which allows me to line up amazing guests and continue to produce this podcast ad-free. Thanks so much in advance for your support.
Leave a Reply