Subscribe in iTunes | Download
Matt Miller is a former Air Force pilot, advertising executive, and full-time serial entrepreneur. He is currently focusing on school fundraising. After 9 years in the Air Force, Matt decided to branch off to build his own business. He hasn't looked back since.
Matt started in the vending industry when a friend from church talked about buying gumball machines to put in local businesses. After some reading and research, he decided to give the bulk candy industry a shot, and built a large route in the San Antonio area. After the recession in 2008, several kids knocked on his door selling items to raise money for a school project. That visit turned into an idea to use vending machines for school fundraising, and now Matt has nationwide distribution and is continuing to expand and grow his business.
What Matt Miller and I talk about in today's broadcast:
- The cost of production for the vending business (and why these margins work for fundraising)
- How Matt developed his business model from scratch
- How Matt is scaling his business into a franchise and the pros and cons of doing so
- The time investment to train and bring in new distributors as a franchise founder
- How Matt has started several other businesses after streamlining his vending business
- How Matt can manage so many projects and business at one time (hint: it's not easy)
- The role that Rich Dad, Poor Dad played in his life
Powerful quote from today's broadcast:
“Live like no one else now, so that later you can live like no one else.” - Dave Ramsey
You can find Matt Miller online:
If you enjoyed today's podcast, please leave a review on iTunes here. Thanks so much in advance for your support.
Leave a Reply