Today, I delve into Kindle publishing with Steve Scott, who is the author of over 70 self-published books. Steve Scott pivoted from being a blogger to a self-publishing machine, and that change enabled him to start making $30,000 every month from his writing.
Steve and I take an in-depth look at the digital publishing realm.
Steve highlights why he started self-publishing and the tricks of the trade that allowed him to get to where he is today. From self publishing process details to larger digital realm logistics, Steve gives us a peek into the life of a writer in the age of e-commerce and the internet.
In this broadcast,
Steve and I talk about:
- How Steve got into the digital realm
- How Steve pivoted from blogging to self publishing and the lucrative results
- How Steve leverages his subscription and email lists to sell his books
- Why Steve chooses to use paid advertising
- How changing online regulations can hurt profits
- Why it is important to diversify income streams
- How the release of the audiobook can complement the release of your ebook
- Why the title of your book is important
- Why Steve slowed down his creation process from 3 weeks to 3 months
- Why collaborating with other authors can be a powerful approach to your books
- How Steve chooses the topics he writes about
- Why evergreen topics sell more over the long-term
- Why Steve stopped selling courses
- How you can succeed in self-publishing
And much more...
How to connect with Steve Online:
- You can email Steve at [email protected]
Get the Latest Broadcasts of In The Trenches
Subscribe to In The Trenches on iTunes
How You Can Support In The Trenches
Did you enjoy today's broadcast of In The Trenches? Please click here to leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Your review helps me spread the word of this podcast, which allows me to line up amazing guests and continue to produce this podcast ad-free. Thanks so much in advance for your support.
Leave a Reply