Today’s broadcast is part 2 in a 2 part series.
Part 1 can be found by clicking here. In part 1 (broadcast 9), Tommy and I talk about crowd funding. What it is, how it works, and how to successfully create a crowd funding campaign for your product.
Content Marketing 101
In today's broadcast, Tommy Walker explains everything there is to know about content marketing.
What is content marketing?
Simply put: it's content with a purpose (and that purpose is to elicit one of 4 responses - see below).
As Tommy explains, every time you interact with a piece of content, it’s a transaction. If you're reading this blog post right now, you're exchanging your time and attention for information from me. All content works this way (from youtube to books to live music), but unless it has a purpose, it's not content marketing.
The 4 types (and purposes) for content:
- Viral Content: To be shared
- Discussion Content: To be commented on / discussed
- Lead Content: To get a lead (filling out a form, email address, etc.)
- Sales Content: To close a sale (actually sell your product or service)
Each of these types of content has a purpose - to get a reader to take action.
If you're interested in finding out how to use each of these types of content, or why they work, listen to the podcast (it's definitely worth your time).
About Tommy Walker
Tommy started his journey in the online marketing world in 2005. Since 2009, Tommy’s been consulting full time for small businesses.
Tommy has done a number of remarkable things in the online world, from reinventing the way people learn about marketing (via his “Inside The Mind” educational video series), to producing the free, popular and fast growing “The Mindfire Chats” where experts and industry professionals come together to discuss everything and anything marketing related.
For more information about Tommy Walker, check out his website: http://tommy.ismy.name/
What we Talk About in Broadcast 10:
- Why your network is an investment (and you need to treat it as such)
- How to measure the return on investment of your content
- How the 4 types of content work (and how to create and use each to get the response you want from your audience)
- Why you should know who your audience is BEFORE you start writing (creating/designing/inventing)
- The power of content marketing and how it will help you increase sales and authority
- Why you need bigger ears (and how to develop them)