The way we market and sell online is changing.
There are more people online than ever before, spending more money than ever before on things that give them a leg up in the world. That means more money going to ebooks, ecourses, and other forms of online education; coaching, consulting, and advisory services; software solutions, and high quality implementors (engineers, designers, etc.).
This growth comes with a price: more noise (aka competing offers other than your own that are targeting the same market).
And things are only going to heat up over the next 3 to 5 years.
Are you positioning yourself and your business in such a way that you can profit from these changes over the next decade?
Not sure? No sweat.
I explain how it all works in this video:
In this video, I’ll show you how to make a profit from digital products during these changin’ times.
Things I cover:
- The long tail (what it is and why it matters) and the shift toward the longer tail
- “Into thin Air,” “Touching the Void” and what makes a perennial bestsellers
- A look at the trends (and what they mean for your business or creative pursuit)
- 3 criteria for choosing your long tail, niche market (great for running targeted marketing campaigns)
- Seth Godin’s quadrant technique
- How to increase traffic, subscribers, and sales by finding your “edge”
- A look at examples of long tail market leaders (and what we can learn from them and how you can apply it to your business)
Things I mention in the video:
- The Sober Entrepreneur by Russ Perry
- Women in Publishing Summit with Alexa Bigwarfe
Additional resources and references:
LEAVE A COMMENT
What’s your “niche” or long tail space / area / topic? Have you considered going deeper / more narrow? Why or why not?
Learn how to build a profitable + ethical online business
Since 2014, I've made a full-time income by creating and selling digital products online. If you want to see how I did it, sign up below.