Michael Zipursky is the CEO of Consulting Success, and is a coach, consultant and author. Michael's list of clients include organizations like Panasonic, Dow Jones, Financial Times, Royal Bank and many others. He has written 5 books including “Profitable Relations: How to Dramatically Increase Your Profits By Giving Customers What They Really Want,” and “The Consulting Success System: How to Become a Successful Consultant.”
In today’s conversation, we talk about how to grow a successful coaching or consulting business. Michael imparts the four pillars of consulting success that are proven to add value for a client and create a sustainable consulting business that does not rely on its network. He also shares how to convert client consultations into long-term (and high-paying) clients, and how to handle initial intake / consultation calls, to get someone to make a decision on whether to hire you now, rather than waiting in limbo for a reply.
If you are a coach or consultant, this is going to be one of those interviews you’ll want to come back to again and again. Enjoy!
In this broadcast, Michael and I talk about:
- How Michael started several consultancies
- Why he switched from "doing" to "sharing" his experience via a blog
- How to approach a conversation with a client
- Advice for someone who wants to start a consultancy
- How Michael organizes marketing funnels for his clients to realize continual flow of clients
- Why client clarity, magnetic messaging, and ROI positioning creates the business you want
- The four pillars of creating a sustainable consulting business model
- How to differentiate yourself from everyone else in the market
- Why clients want to know what the "output" would be and how you can add value for them
- Why knowing your ideal client is important
- A critical message: people are not buying the deliverable; they are buying the results.
- How to conquer the client consultation calls
And much more.
How to Connect with Michael Zipursky Online:
- Michael on LinkedIn
- Michael on Twitter
- Bonus: guide to starting a consulting business
Get the Latest Broadcasts of In The Trenches
How You Can Support In The Trenches
Did you enjoy today's broadcast of In The Trenches? Please click here to leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Your review helps me spread the word of this podcast, which allows me to line up amazing guests and continue to produce this podcast ad-free. Thanks so much in advance for your support.